Mr. Manju Naika currently working as Assistant Librarian in Journals and Computer Application Section, Central Library, IIT Bombay. Prior to joining IIT Bombay he worked as Resource Person(LIS) in Library, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore; as Asst. Officer(LIS) VTLS software PVT Ltd.
Current Responsibility: Subscription of journals (Print and Online) Databases, License agreement to electronic resources, maintenance of Institutional Repository and Library website. Document Delivery Service, Library computer applications.
Qualification: M.L.I.Sc, M.Phil, UGC-NET, ADST(Advanced Diploma in Software Technology) currently pursuing Ph.D at Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), Mumbai.
Visited Abroad :
- Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Digital Library (ETD-DL) of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay: A Case Study, 17th International Symposium on Electronic Theses & Dissertations, 23-25, July 2014, University of Leicester, UK
- Future of Scholarly communication through Social Media, Research Communications and e-scholarships conference (FORCE2015), 11-13, January 2015, University of Oxford, UK
Publications/Invited Talks held in India:
- Development of Classical Tamil Digital Library: CIIL Experience,International Conference on Semantic Web and Digital Library, Feb-21-23, Feb.2007, DRTC, Bangalore.
- Planning of Library Retro-conversion, SRELS journal of Information Management, SRELS, Bangalore, September 2009
- A Biblimetric study on web2.0 literature “Sixth International Conference on Webometrics, Informetrics and Scientometrics & Eleventh COLLNET Meeting”, October 19 – 22, 2010, University of Mysore.
- Current Trends in Electronic Resources Collection Development and Access Management in Libraries, National Conference on Collection Development of Resources in Electronic Environment February 17-18, 2011.
- Building dynamic library portal using WordPress open source content management system (CMS): A study, International conference on digital library and electronic information management and control,8-10, October 2011. KIIT University, Orissa.
- IIT Bombay Digital Library Initiatives “15th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (ICADL 2013), 9-11 December, 2013 . International School of Information Management, University of Mysore.
- Library Retro-conversion, held on 04.11.2006 at Vidyanidhi Seminar Hall, Department of Studies in Library and Information Science, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Turnitin: Preventing Plagiarism, Improving Original Writing & Enhancing Institutional Reputation “Research Scholars Forum Lecture Series” held on 07th April 2014 at FC Kohli Auditorium, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Kanwal Rekhi Building, Organized by IIT Bombay Research Scholars Forum(RSF)
- Knowledge Resources & Information Services in Chemical Engineering held on 4 July 2014 “TEQIP Workshop 2014″ Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Plagiarism in Academic Research, held on 22, November 2014 at Research Guidance Cell , Vivek College of Commerce, Mumbai
- Planning of Library Automation, held on 08th, January 2015, Content Updating Programme on Library Automation, Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- Academic Plagiarism, held on 21st February, 2015, at KES’ Shroff College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
- How to Avoid Plagiarism , held on 28th May, 2015, Organized by IIT Bombay Institute Research Scholar Companion Program(IRSCP), Mumbai
- Create your personal digital library using Mendely and Endnote, held on 1st July , 2015, Organized by IIT Bombay Institute Research Scholar Companion Program(IRSCP), Mumbai
- Create your personal digital library using Zotero, held on 2nd July , 2015, Organized by IIT Bombay Institute Research Scholar Companion Program(IRSCP), Mumbai